Did you know that the daily decisions of group underwriters influence the financial performance of a significant segment of the American economy?
In 2000, employers spent $921.9 billion dollars on benefits for their employees. By 2010, the spend was over $1.088 Trillion1. A significant percentage of this total was spent on products managed by group underwriting professionals.
How the insurance industry fits into the broader scope of financial services is changing rapidly. If you are involved in this changing industry you need real insight on market developments and dynamics.
If you want a forum where you can meet industry leaders, policy makers and have access to those who are influencing the group insurance marketplace,then the Group Underwriters Association of America (GUAA) is for you. The GUAA is comprised of industry professionals, like you, that actively promote the study, analysis and discussion of all matters relating to the underwriting of group products.
Membership in GUAA provides the following benefits
- To other group underwriting professionals. You will network face to face with others involved in all aspects of group underwriting. The spectrum of products includes Life, Disability, Dental as well as Specialty and Health.
- To Reinsurance markets to help your company compete effectively.
- To industry professionals dedicated to providing the services you need.
- "I truly believe that sitting on the (Specialty and Health) Committee is a career achievement. I have such a vision for GUAA! I want the industry to immediately think of GUAA when they are considering Associations to join because of its high caliber presentations." - Patrice Corder, Specialist, Corporate Compliance, Nationwide.
- "I enjoy the GUAA meetings because it enables me to touch base with my contemporaries, confirm or deny trends and just to generally stay at the forefront of my business as a constantly evolving customer base manages the challenges of a changing economic environment." - Disability Committee Member Matthew R. Clark, Senior Underwriting Consultant, Group Reinsurance, Munich American Reassurance Company.
- "Great Conference! Planned and coordinated well" - Todd Tucker, Group Underwriting Consultant, Munich Re.
- " My 2nd year attending and thoroughly enjoy the networking, breakout sessions, location, meals, etc. Awesome event. Thank you!" - Tony DeGagne, Project Manager, Mutual of Omaha.
GUAA 2020 conference Scheduled for Las Vegas is Now CANCELLED
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the GUAA 2021 conference be held and what are the dates?
The 2021 conference is schedule for New Orleans May 23 - 26 and we will post more information in the near future.
Will the 2020 conference be rescheduled?
We are currently evaluating options and will communicate information as it becomes available.
Do I need to cancel my hotel reservation?
No. All reservations at the Park MGM or Nomad Hotel in the GUAA group room block have been cancelled. If you have paid for your guest room reservation, this will be refunded back to your CC. If you have any additional questions about your reservation, you can call Park MGM reservations at 702-730-7777.
Do I need to request a conference registration refund?
No. We will begin issuing refunds for your registration fee as soon as possible. To receive a refund, no further steps are required. Conference registration fees will be refunded in full in the next thirty days. Please allow the full thirty days before contacting us regarding your refund.
I already cancelled and received a refund less the $50 cancellation fee. Will that be returned as well?
Yes. We will begin issuing the $50 cancellation fee as soon as possible. To receive this cancellation refund, no further steps are required. We expect the processing of these cancellations to be completed in the next thirty days.
My company is an exhibitor and/or sponsor. What will happen to the fees that were paid?
Over the next thirty days, individual emails will be sent to all exhibitors and sponsors asking if you’d like the money credited towards the next conference or refunded.
I have another question. Who should I contact?
We recognize that there will be multiple individual questions as a result of the cancellation. We are working diligently to respond to individual inquiries as quickly as possible. Please email Jeff@M3SolutionsLLC.com with your question and please allow 3 business days for responses.
The GUAA 2020 Conference Has Been Cancelled. See FAQ under Announcements.
- Attend our information packed conferences! Workshops, case studies, keynote and motivational speakers..... all designed specifically with you, the group underwriting professional in mind.
- Our membership dues and conference fees are the best value in the industry!
- "Worth the price of admission for the entire conference!" - GUAA attendee about just one of our workshops.
- "Conference was well done and very worth the money" - Jonathan Becker, Vice President, Actuarial and Underwriting, Delta Dental of Minnesota.
Group Underwriters Association of America
P.O. Box 380084
Birmingham, AL 35238
Phone: (205) 427-2638
Fax: (205) 981-2901