Did you know that the daily decisions of group underwriters influence the financial performance of a significant segment of the American economy?
The COVID pandemic has really highlighted the importance of Group Benefits to American’s physical and financial wellbeing. For that reason the GUAA Board strongly believes that navigating through challenging times is the reason Insurers value our organization as a sounding board for underwriters.
A recent study finds that benefits cost the average employer $21,726 annually per employee. With wages, the total cost is $71,334 annually per worker. The total average cost for insurance benefits, including health, life, and disability insurance, comes to $2.73 per hour, or $5,698 annually per employee. Legally-required benefit contributions such as Social Security and Medicare add up to $2.65 per employee per hour. The survey estimates that employers are paying, on average, $5,000 annually for paid leave per employee. The analysis finds that total costs of benefits to employers have increased 368 percent over 14 years.
How the insurance industry fits into the broader scope of financial services is changing rapidly. If you are involved in this changing industry you need real insight on market developments and dynamics.
If you want a forum where you can meet industry leaders, policy makers and have access to those who are influencing the group insurance marketplace,then the Group Underwriters Association of America (GUAA) is for you. The GUAA is comprised of industry professionals, like you, that actively promote the study, analysis and discussion of all matters relating to the underwriting of group products.
Membership in GUAA provides the following benefits
- To other group underwriting professionals. You will network face to face with others involved in all aspects of group underwriting. The spectrum of products includes Life, Disability, Dental as well as Specialty and Health.
- To Reinsurance markets to help your company compete effectively.
- To industry professionals dedicated to providing the services you need.
- "I truly believe that sitting on the (Specialty and Health) Committee is a career achievement. I have such a vision for GUAA! I want the industry to immediately think of GUAA when they are considering Associations to join because of its high caliber presentations." - Patrice Corder, Specialist, Corporate Compliance, Nationwide.
- "I enjoy the GUAA meetings because it enables me to touch base with my contemporaries, confirm or deny trends and just to generally stay at the forefront of my business as a constantly evolving customer base manages the challenges of a changing economic environment." - Disability Committee Member Matthew R. Clark, Senior Underwriting Consultant, Group Reinsurance, Munich American Reassurance Company.
- "Great Conference! Planned and coordinated well" - Todd Tucker, Group Underwriting Consultant, Munich Re.
- " My 2nd year attending and thoroughly enjoy the networking, breakout sessions, location, meals, etc. Awesome event. Thank you!" - Tony DeGagne, Project Manager, Mutual of Omaha.
- Attend our information packed conferences! Workshops, case studies, keynote and motivational speakers..... all designed specifically with you, the group underwriting professional in mind.
- Our membership dues and conference fees are the best value in the industry!
- "Worth the price of admission for the entire conference!" - GUAA attendee about just one of our workshops.
- "Conference was well done and very worth the money" - Jonathan Becker, Vice President, Actuarial and Underwriting, Delta Dental of Minnesota.
Group Underwriters Association of America
P.O. Box 380084
Birmingham, AL 35238
Phone: (205) 427-2638
Fax: (205) 981-2901