Did you know that the daily decisions of group underwriters influence the financial performance of a significant segment of the American economy?
In 2000, employers spent $921.9 billion dollars on benefits for their employees. By 2010, the spend was over $1.088 Trillion1. A significant percentage of this total was spent on products managed by group underwriting professionals.
How the insurance industry fits into the broader scope of financial services is changing rapidly. If you are involved in this changing industry you need real insight on market developments and dynamics.
If you want a forum where you can meet industry leaders, policy makers and have access to those who are influencingthe group insurance marketplace,then the Group Underwriters Association of America (GUAA)is for you. The GUAA is comprised of industry professionals, like you, that activelypromote the study, analysis and discussion of all matters relating to the underwriting of group products.
Membership in GUAA provides the following benefits
- To other group underwriting professionals. You will network face to face with others involved in all aspects of group underwriting. The spectrum of products includes Life, Disability, Dental as well as Specialty and Health.
- To Reinsurance markets to help your company compete effectively.
- To industry professionals dedicated to providing the services you need.
- "I enjoy the GUAA meetings because it enables me to touch base with my contemporaries, confirm or deny trends and just to generally stay at the forefront of my business as a constantly evolving customer base manages the challenges of a changing economic environment." - Disability Committee Member Matthew R. Clark, Senior Underwriting Consultant, Group Reinsurance, Munich American Reassurance Company.
- All GUAA members receive our newsletter "Risk Review" - the only publication dedicated to the Group Underwriting Professional.
- Attend our information packed conferences! Workshops, case studies, keynote and motivational speakers..... all designed specifically with you, the group underwriting professional in mind.
- Our membership dues and conference fees are the best value in the industry!
- "Worth the price of admission for the entire conference!" - GUAA attendee about just one of our workshop
Group Underwriters Association of America
P.O. Box 735
Northbrook, IL 60065-0735
Phone: (205) 427-2638
Fax: (205) 981-2901